If you know anything about me, you know about my hair journey…and how I decided to go blonde….but not the right way…and not considering the fact that I barely needed to take care of my hair. Since then my hair has been through a lot, I’m feeling the blonde, love it actually but boy it takes work! You have to like dye it all the time and then you have to take care of it like if it was your new born baby.. Too much work if you ask me but somethings got to give right! I would have to say I have been on the search for a product that just would transform my hair back to its original texture. And thanks to #ElleInnerCircle – they sent me a product to test – introducing the “Moisture Intense Oil Crème Pre-Shampoo Treatment” by @AlternaHairCare I was able to wash achieve a soft texture – on my one, might I add – and have it styled just the way I like it without being coarse. Ok so see pics below and don’t laugh ok!
I know its brutal – It all began with my hair being a hot mess – Exhibition A –
Instructions were to apply the pre-shampoo onto my dry hair and massage it from root to tip – Exhibition B (Don’t mind my facial expression I was trying to be sexy – FAIL –HA)
Wait 15 minutes – then go rinse it all out and shampoo and conditioner as normal. What I noticed was that it felt like a seal of some sort – locking in all the nutrients the product provides include Avocado & Olive Oils .
After I dried my own hair, blowed that baby out and curled it and voila – Exhibition C –
All in all I love this product, I will def buy a full size – You can buy at Sephora for $30 or alternahaircare.com – Get it Gurl! – BE FABULOUS
Let me tell you! The wedding industry is MASSIVE. I didn’t notice until I walked into Gotham Hall for Martha’s Wedding Party. If this whole blog thing doesn’t work out, I know where I’m headed!! I’m just half kidding. Haha! Sheesh, this event was a packed frenzy with all the brides to be, mom’s of the bride to be, cousin’s best friend’s sister of the bride to be..let’s just say everybody was up in there. What was so mesmerizing was how much passion was in their eyes. I guess I would be too if this was that time in my life. And of course as should be. That’s why they chose to have designer Zac Posen help guide the way on how to plan and handle the most visual aspect of the wedding: the walk down the aisle, the dress, the bride! Darcy Miller also shared a few good pointer based on her own experiences as a bride.
But first!_ #WhatIWore Because I don’t believe in fashion rules… actually no true fashionista does. I wore all white and yes in the winter. BOOM! I just figured, hey I’m not getting married but heck why can’t I wear all white and fake it till I make it. Everyone kept asking me when “the date” is..and me having to explain “oh..no I’m just a blogger.” Followed by “oh.. (awkward pause) well I love your outfit” Score!!!
2 Piece: Cowl Neck Sweater Crop Top + Sweater Knit Midi Skirt @H&M
On How to Keep Your Cool with Planning – Darcy Miller
– Things that cost you the least are the things you actually remember from your wedding day.
– The focal point of your wedding should come from inspiration from who you and your partner are and what you enjoy.
– Remember the most important thing is your getting married.
– Budget 10% less than what your going to spend and stick to it.
The Dress – Designer Zac Posen
– When it comes to planning – Create an inspiration book of clippings of what you would like to look like. In your own privacy try on plenty of shapes, find out what works best for you, what you FEEL GOOD in.
– When it comes to planning the color – Create a mood board. Build on color with swatches and clippings. Create a story of expression of the union.
– When it comes to the details – It’s all about the entrance and the goodbye. Pay attention to the detail of the front – not everyone has to have a sleeveless top. Many brides prefer the traditional look due to religion reasons or what they feel comfortable in. Sleeves make a dress more elegant. Keep a touch of classic with a hair pin or jewelry. And for shoes…no one sees them..ever.. so be comfortable – wedges are a good go to.
– When it comes to everyone else – A collaborative effort works it’s best. You don’t want your bridal party to feel uncomfortable you want everyone feeling joyous and celebrating..not hiding under the table or in a corner.
Whether your planning your wedding now or planning on planning to get married like me in the future, keep these pointers in your back pocket and remember… keep your cool, cause no one likes a Bridezilla!